Employer: LEAD at Krea University
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
About LEAD at Krea University:
LEAD, an action-oriented research centre of IFMR Society (a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act), leverages the power of research, innovation and co-creation to solve complex and pressing challenges in development. LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research centre. LEAD is a collaborative hub that brings experts from diverse disciplines and sectors together to develop innovative solutions by harnessing innovation, technology and analytics.
About the Role:
The primary role of the Research Associate (RA) will be the implementation of data collection and data management of the Pen Kalvi intervention project. The RA will work closely with research team members on designing survey questionnaires, conducting literature reviews, managing survey teams, monitoring data collection activities on the field, conducting data checks and analyzing data, coordinating with the field teams of the partner organizations etc.
To assist with the project, the candidate must also have prior experience and a strong interest in Health or Education, as well as field experience in these fields.
- Assist in the design and development of the Pen-Kalvi Intervention project, including literature reviews, research methodology and implementation;
- Work with the research team to generate a data collection strategy to maximize the efficient collection of data and its implementation;
- Lead the hiring, training, and management of the field team;
- Conduct field monitoring exercises to ensure data quality and supervise field work where required;
- Conduct data checks to ensure data quality;
- Conduct data cleaning and prepare data for quantitative analysis;
- Assist in qualitative data collection and analysis;
- Design survey questionnaires and interview protocols;
- Conduct pilots for survey questionnaires as well as data collection methodologies;
- Contribute to reports, blogs and other project deliverables;
- Conduct secondary research where required;
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Sociology, Anthropology, Public Policy or other related disciplines. A Master’s degree is preferred;
- At least one year of experience in health or education-related programs, with fieldwork experience preferred;
- Basic knowledge of STATA, R, SAS, or related programming languages is required;
- Strong interest in gender, girl’s education and mental health;
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to work in a team;
- Problem-solving aptitude and a self-starter;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
- Mature, self-directed individual with the ability to balance multiple tasks and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines in a fast-paced working environment;
- Strong reading, conversational, and written skills in Tamil are required and willingness to travel extensively to field locations in Tamil Nadu.
Deadline: Applications are being accepted until the position is filled. The position is open effective immediately. Please collate your resume and apply in the form here. Kindly select the subject line “Application for the position of RA-Pen Kalvi.” Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Note: Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each candidate individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purposes.