Partners: World Bank and Ministry of Rural Development
This three-part series of webinars was convened to share insights from ongoing programs at LEAD, the World Bank and partner organisations, and discuss practical solutions to aid the recovery and growth of rural micro-enterprises under the ‘new normal’ economic scenario. The discussions examined issues faced by rural micro-enterprises, specifically focusing on home-based businesses (HBB) and growth enterprises. Following are the themes for this webinar series:
- Part 1: Survival mode: Sustaining in the times of COVID
- Part 2: The new normal: Preparing for rehabilitation and recovery
- Part 3: Integrating rural enterprises into India’s entrepreneurial ecosystem
The knowledge-sharing from the webinars is expected to inform policy and programmatic interventions, including the DAY-NRLM and the National Rural Economic Transformation Project’s response and future strategy for supporting rural micro-enterprises.
- V Anantha Nageswaran, Member, PM’s EAC and Advisor, LEAD at Krea University
- Deepthi Ravula, CEO, WE hub
- Vaishali Nigam Sinha, Chairperson, CII National Committee on Women Empowerment
- Shubhalakshmi Nandi, Senior Program Officer, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Catch the recording of the talk live: part 1, part 2 and part 3.