Employer: LEAD at Krea University
Reports to: DPM and SPM
Level of posting: District-level
Contract type: Full-time
Remuneration: Commensurate with qualifications and experience and NRETP’s HR advisory
Assignment Duration: 1 year (extendable based on resources and requirement by State)
About LEAD at Krea University
LEAD, an action-oriented research centre of IFMR Society (a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act), leverages the power of research, innovation and co-creation to solve complex and pressing challenges in development. LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research centre.
About the Project
LEAD at Krea University, with support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, has set up a Technical Assistance (TA) Unit as a part of it’s ongoing work in the MSME space to support the non-farm effort of National Rural Livelihood Mission, Ministry of Rural Development. The technical assistance unit hereafter referred to as Solutions for Transformative Rural Enterprises and Empowerment (STREE) will provide implementation support for NRETP work, MEL design support as well as pilot scalable solutions to further NLRM’s mandate of ensuring women’s economic empowerment through enterprise creation. This is a 3-year project with current funding till 2022.
- Ensure roll-out and functioning of entrepreneurship promotion activities within the district.
- Ensure regular data-collection and analysis of supported enterprises through an MIS or a software application based on state preparedness.
- Facilitate capacity building of the block officials with regard to growth enterprise promotion.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with local resource institutions for training and community cadres.
- Be the point person for regular monitoring and reporting of entrepreneurship development activities in the block.
- Coordinate with the technical support agency for cluster development activities in the district
- Assist in monitoring the work of the TSAs in the district for cluster development
- Identify new business opportunities and markets for setting up enterprises
- Assist to ensure that the enterprises supported under the program are sustainably financially viable within the defined timelines of the project. Report all anomalies directly to the DPM for course correction.
- The role will directly report to the District Project Manager located at the individual districts and SPM at the State level.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree/ Diploma or equivalent in Finance/Business/Rural Management/Marketing/Social Work from an institution of repute.
- 3+ years of work experience post qualification in the enterprise development sector at the district/state/national level.
Multi-tasking, initiative and communications
- Exposure and comfort in working in a district-level office
- Strong numeracy, analytical, and business skills
- Ability to multi-task and take on multiple responsibilities
- Problem-solving aptitude and a self-starter.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Hindi is required.
- The role will require travelling to block offices and to rural interiors to meet and interact with entrepreneurs (in a post COVID scenario) and working closely with government / other stakeholders
- Deadline: applications are being accepted and reviewed until the position is filled.
- To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “STREE District enterprise fellow–Rajasthan” in the subject line.