Employer: LEAD at Krea University
Duration: 1 year (extendable based on resources and requirement by State)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience and NRETP’s HR advisory
LEAD at Krea University
LEAD, an action-oriented research centre of IFMR Society (a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act), leverages the power of research, innovation and co-creation to solve complex and pressing challenges in development. LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research centre.
About the Project
LEAD at Krea University, with support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, has set up a Technical Assistance (TA) Unit as a part of its ongoing work in the MSME space to support the non-farm effort of National Rural Livelihood Mission, Ministry of Rural Development. The technical assistance unit hereafter referred to as Solutions for Transformative Rural Enterprises and Empowerment (STREE) will provide implementation support for NRETP work, MEL design support as well as pilot scalable solutions to further NLRM’s mandate of ensuring women’s economic empowerment through enterprise creation.
About the Role
Key Responsibilities of the Position:
- Contribute to the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project activities
- Coordinate the implementation efforts by directly working with the District Enterprise Fellows (DEFs)
- Ensure selected model districts are on track with NRETP implementation
- Identify new business opportunities and markets for setting up enterprises
- Assist in the monitoring of fund flows at the district or block-level
- Work with Technical Support Agencies to meet project objectives
- Ensure that the enterprises supported under the program are sustainably financially viable within the defined timelines of the project.
- Monitor progress of the entrepreneurship development component, analyse MIS and project performance data once shared by district team and STREE DEFs and work with the SPM to take necessary corrective action
- Develop SOPs, manuals and guidelines for various components of the programme
- Facilitate forward and backward linkages for the enterprises set up under the programme.
Background and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree/ Diploma or equivalent Finance/Rural Management/Marketing from an institution of repute or CA or ICWA
- 7+ years of work experience, working on sales/marketing support to clusters/micro and small enterprises. Preference will be provided to candidates with experience in the private sector.
Multi-tasking, initiative and communications
- Ability to plan, organize, and control resources, procedures to achieve specific goals.
- Ability to network with agencies and have experience of working for developing market linkages
- Exposure and comfort in working in a state department
- Ability to multi-task and take on multiple responsibilities
- Problem-solving aptitude and a self-starter.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Hindi is required.
- The role will require travelling to district offices, block offices and to rural interiors to meet and interact with entrepreneurs (in a post COVID scenario) and working closely with government stakeholders
- Deadline: Applications are being accepted and reviewed until the position is filled.
- To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter.
- Please direct queries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “State Coordinator – Madhya Pradesh (STREE Project)” in the subject line.