Location: Delhi (preferred), Chennai (possible), Jaipur (possible)
Reports to: Research Manager
Our package: Competitive and commensurate with experience and skills.
Contract type: Full time Position.
Screening checks: Successful candidates will be asked to undergo background/reference checks. Application deadline: applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Apply Here : email@example.com , mentioning the position applied in the subject line.
ABOUT LEAD AT KREA UNIVERSITY
LEAD at Krea University (formerly IFMR LEAD) is a non-profit research organization conducting high- quality scalable action research and outreach in development economics and finance. We create ‘knowledge for impact’ with a vision to solve complex challenges and enhance socio-economic prosperity. We do this using the power of data, innovation, and co-creation, combining interdisciplinary approaches and multi-stakeholder partnerships.
To learn more about who we are, our vision, our work, and our history, please visit our website.
ABOUT THE POSITION
LEAD at Krea University has been playing a principal role in development sector for many years under different banners, but with the same enthusiasm, rigor, and intellectual curiosity. Thinking about the future, LEAD is positioning itself to expand its role and thought leadership in the sector. For this purpose, we are actively seeking motivated, organized, and self-driven Senior Research Associates / Research Associates (EIGHT) who will lead the growth and implementation of LEAD’s research agenda in this sector. Fresh Masters/PhDs, graduates from premier management institutions are encouraged to apply.
We are looking for a professional with a strong Masters/ Phd/ MPH with a solid understanding of the development sector landscape, and that is capable to connect the dots across themes and issues (for example gender, social protection, environment, entrepreneurship, health etc.). The successful candidate will be a thinker and will also be able to support and help execute research projects in time, within budget, and keeping the highest standards of work.
In the short term, she or he will be given a leading role on several high-level ongoing projects, while contributing to the development of the team’s project pipeline. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) to be able to present the team’s research to various stakeholders and in various national and, possibly, international platforms through a wide range of mediums. Demonstrated experience conducting applied and experimental research (including conducting and designing evaluations) is essential and a strong understanding of financial inclusion, MSME, fintech is highly desirable.
- Be accountable for and provide substantial inputs into project design and implementation.
- Maintain a positive, constructive, and co-creative relationship with LEAD’s stakeholders and
partners as well as contributing to growing such network as required.
- Provide and be accountable for the development of new research ideas, and proposals. Provide thought leadership and monitor recent and relevant sector trends and develop plans on ways to expand LEAD’s research agenda.
- As required liaise with policy makers, regulators, and academia to identify gaps for action research and support establishment of partnerships to expand the projects portfolio of LEAD.
- Be accountable, proactively contribute to, and lead the development of policy briefs, blog posts and other publications to consolidate LEAD’s thought leadership in this sector.
- Contribute to capacity building activities within LEAD.
- Strong quantitative skills, including competency with STATA /R/Python
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
- Independent worker; takes initiative to lead and manage multiple tasks and propose solutions with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in multiple teams and on multiple projects simultaneously and collaboratively
- Motivated to travel to work across various/remote places in India
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Sociology, Economics, Development Economics, Political Science,
Development Studies, MPH, IRMA / IIFM graduates or related disciplines.
- Proven analytical skills, including, specifically, skills working with quantitative data using econometric methods; basic understanding of (NSSO, NFHS, Census, and other environmental /socio economic indicators preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of current developments in inclusive finance, including one or more of the following: micro-insurance and micro-credit, social protection systems (DBTs, G2P), digital financial services, branchless banking, MSME, Gender, Health.
- Working experience and knowledge of socio-economic issues, which results in the exclusion of various groups, such as women, migrants, tribal groups, from the financial sector and ability to generate strategies to address those issues;
- Ability to develop research and evaluation plans, sampling frameworks and to implement them;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to manage multi-tasking and propose solutions in a timely manner with nominal supervision;
- Capacity to maintain an organized and structured work style in a fast-paced environment;
Strategy and Management
- Ability to guide and support the development and implementation of the Quality benchmarks and assurances in research projects;
- Helps to consolidate and disseminate ‘lessons learned’ and promotes a culture of openness
- Keen sense of understanding donor needs, and ability to convert ideas to successful initiatives
Internal and External Network
- Contribute to exchange good practices between other verticals and external agencies
/delegations/ donors/ platforms;
- Foster and participate in ideas exchange platforms/ seminars / webinars related exchanges with the sector stakeholders;
- Follow up on the latest developments related to the vertical and contribute as thought leader to information dissemination and maintaining relations with stakeholders;
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing environments and work with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and willingness to interact with a wide range of individuals from Research Managers, etc. to academics, donors, research institutions, etc.