Number of Positions: 1
Employer: LEAD at Krea University
Salary: Commensurate With Qualifications and Experience
About LEAD at Krea University:
LEAD is an action-oriented research centre of IFMR Society (a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act), that leverages the power of research, innovation, and co-creation to solve complex and pressing challenges in development. LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research centre. LEAD is a collaborative hub that brings experts from diverse disciplines and sectors together to develop innovative solutions by harnessing innovation, technology and analytics.
About the Position:
The primary role of the Senior Research Associate (SRA) will be the implementation of data collection and data management of the projects. The SRA will work closely with other research team members on: designing survey questionnaires, conducting literature reviews, managing survey teams, monitoring data collection activities on field, conducting data checks and analysing data, coordinating with the field teams of the partner organisations etc. The SRA is also expected to mentor Research Associates on their respective projects and guide them in completing their tasks effectively.
- Be accountable for and provide substantial inputs into project design and implementation.
- Ability to develop and implement the quality benchmarks and assurances in research projects.
- Write study reports and create other knowledge product deliverables set as part of the project design.
- Maintain a positive, constructive, and co-creative relationship with LEAD’s stakeholders and partners as well as contributing to growing such a network as required.
- Provide and be accountable for the development of new research ideas, and proposals. Provide thought leadership and monitor recent and relevant sector trends and develop plans on ways to expand the practice group’s research agenda.
- Be accountable, proactively contribute to, and lead the development of policy briefs, blog posts and other publications to consolidate LEAD’s thought leadership in this sector.
- Contribute to capacity building activities within LEAD.
- Work in multiple teams and on multiple projects simultaneously and collaboratively.
- Travel to work across various remote places in India.
- Prior experience of working with government, multilateral/bilateral institutions, development finance institutions, impact investors, etc.
- Prior experience of working in research/advisory roles at think tanks, academic research centres, development consulting firms, etc.
- Prior experience of conducting quantitative and/or qualitative research.
- Prior experience of writing the reports for key donors, available in the public domain.
- Post-graduation (in economics, development studies, management, public policy, or related field).
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of research experience after post-graduation. (Non-research experience will not be counted.)
- Excellent knowledge of current developments in inclusive finance and banking, including one or more of the following: microfinance, social protection schemes (DBTs, G2P), digital financial services and fintech, branchless banking, MSMEs, gender, ESG, health.
- Working experience and knowledge of socio-economic issues, which results in the exclusion of various groups, such as women, migrants, indigenous groups, from the financial sector and ability to generate strategies to address those issues;
- Proven analytical skills, including, specifically, working with quantitative data; good understanding of NSSO, NFHS, Census, CMIE and other socio-economic data sets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and formatting and presentation skills, with proficiency in MS Office suite.
Deadline: Applications are being accepted until the position is filled. Please collate your resume, cover letter and a writing sample and apply in the form here.
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and all candidates will be considered for employment. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each candidate individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purposes.
|Job Category||Senior Research Associate|