Employer: LEAD at Krea University
Contract type: Full-time
Remuneration: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
About LEAD at Krea University
LEAD, an action-oriented research centre of IFMR Society (a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act), leverages the power of research, innovation and co-creation to solve complex and pressing challenges in development. LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research centre.
About the Position
The Senior Research Associate (SRA) will be responsible for collaborating, leading and supporting across multiple projects. The role entails bringing strong research, programme management, and analytical expertise. The position involves being self-driven and motivated, and a strong capacity to multitask is highly desirable. The candidate should be particularly interested in and have experience of working in the gender and empowerment domain – particularly addressing gender-based violence and enabling women’s entrepreneurship. Part of the role will also involve supporting the development of new research opportunities including identifying and preparing appropriate grant proposals.
The SRA should have excellent writing, presentation and communication skills, good sectoral understanding, a creative and problem-solving outlook and a passion to deliver high-quality research. Depending on the background, interest and skill-set, the SRA will work on multiple research and/or policy-oriented projects. This role is ideal for someone who wants to pursue a career in research, policy and/or consulting.
- Conduct research and investigation in relation to objectives and project goals to be accomplished on a time-bound basis
- Prepare project narrative reports to be shared with the donor and other research partners in the project
- Evaluate project achievements and shortcomings at designated points of evaluation goals on a periodic basis.
- Provide expertise with respect to gender and empowerment to team members as well as stay abreast of current and emerging developments in financial inclusion research
- Direct and oversee project implementation and assist the project team when required
- Actively represent LEAD in front of business, academic, government and non-governmental agencies and media to achieve project objectives, strengthen the organisation’s profile and improve the credibility of the implementation process.
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team of researchers, willing to share ideas and take constructive criticism to improve project objectives
Background and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Sociology, Political Science, Economics, Public Policy, Development Studies, Women’s Studies and other related disciplines
- Minimum 2 years of management and/or research experience in international development, gender equality or related fields.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain an organized and structured work style in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly self-motivated and driven.
- Experience with grant writing and budget management.
- Previous experience of managing a team.
Key Competencies / Attributes
- Independent worker; takes initiative to lead and manage multiple tasks and propose solutions with minimal supervision
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, PPT and Excel)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Willing to translate research into practice for the highest impacts on the ground
- Ability to visualize and fit the team’s research into the current policy context and plan future studies based on contemporary policy level gaps
- Motivated to travel to work various places in India
- Strong interpersonal skills, and willingness to interact with a wide range of individuals ranging from State and Central government officials, donors, research think tanks, banks, etc. bankers and financial regulators
- Strong writing skills, including competency in churning out quick pieces out of existing research
- Demonstrated track record in academic writing (prior publications preferred but not required)
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Deadline: Applications are being accepted and reviewed until the position is filled.
- To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Senior Research Associate” in the subject line.