Employer: LEAD at Krea University
Contract type: Full-time
Remuneration: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Languages: English, Hindi (desirable)
About LEAD at Krea University
LEAD, an action-oriented research centre of IFMR Society (a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act), leverages the power of research, innovation and co-creation to solve complex and pressing challenges in development. LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research centre. LEAD is a collaborative hub that brings experts from diverse disciplines and sectors together to develop innovative solutions by harnessing innovation, technology and analytics.
About the Position
We are seeking a qualified, motivated, self-sufficient, and thorough Senior Program Manager focusing on Enterprise Development. The Senior Program Manager is expected to lead key project portfolios related to entrepreneurship. This requires working to develop the strategy, along with owning the end to end implementation of large projects and programs at LEAD. The position requires supervising a small team with a diverse set of skills, ranging from ideating problem statements, designing projects and anchoring the same from implementation to dissemination. This means working closely with researchers and domain experts to ensure the development of a steady stream of high-quality research outputs (briefs, articles, infographics, blog posts, etc.) from all project activities.
The successful candidate is adaptable, quick-to-learn, and comfortable working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines without compromising quality and thoroughness. Furthermore, the position requires working with a variety of stakeholders including govt. and implementation partners as well as managing multiple streams of activities within a program. They will also need to have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) in order to be able to present the project as well as related research to various partners and in various national and, possibly, international platforms through a wide range of mediums.
Finally, the Senior Program Manager will support and expand LEAD’s enterprise development agenda.
- Program Management
- Coordinate internally the implementation of the Technical Assistance at the National Mission Management Unit (Ministry of Rural Development) and State Mission Management Unit (Madhya Pradesh) for LEAD’s initiative STREE.
- Develop and update the project plan, assign tasks to complete the same, and ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Coordinate with all relevant stakeholders, including engagement with senior Government Officials, for the execution and implementation of the project.
- Provide advice and support to research and technical staff working on the project.
- Prepare work plans, mentor team members and report on project achievements.
- Keep track and is accountable for the development of detailed project reports.
- Is accountable for day-to-day project management and completion of project deliverables.
- Prepare accurate and timely progress and financial reports on project activities with a specific focus on the indicators achieved.
- Review budgets and update project budgets.
- Oversee subgrantees, review their deliverables and ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Organise and anchor periodic review meetings with donors and the government.
- Strategy Formulation and Stakeholder Management
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with partner and donor organizations.
- Work closely with donors and key sectoral stakeholders to identify and develop new opportunities.
- Keep an open channel for communication with partner/donor organizations and policymakers.
- Present research and project findings to partner organizations and larger audiences through workshops or conferences.
- Evaluation, Research, and Learning
- Design initiatives/projects/interventions that contribute to the overall vision and growth of LEAD’s enterprise development, entrepreneurship and livelihoods vertical.
- Lead research efforts to assist in the development of concept notes, project documents and policy frameworks as directed by the reporting manager.
- Lead the analysis of research results and the development of research outputs.
- Is accountable for planning and implementing the development of a steady flow of learning outputs.
- Lead the development of research summaries, policy briefs, blog posts, presentations and other forms of outreach as required.
- Ensure that data collected through research tools are complete, accurate and comprehensive.
- Provide advice and assistance in data collection to establish baselines to monitor progress in relation to projects.
- Oversee data analysis and visualization.
- Oversee subgrantees’ project activities, review their deliverables and ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Contribute to the work of LEAD as required.
Background and Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Sociology, Environment Economics, Environment Policy, Environment Science, Finance, Development Studies or other allied fields is mandatory.
- 7 to 8 years of management and/or research experience in international development or related fields.
- Significant experience in enterprise development, entrepreneurship and livelihoods.
- Experience in managing a small team.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain an organized and structured work style in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written communication with a proven publication (academic or non-academic) record.
- Experience with grant writing and budget management.
- Previous experience of managing a team of researchers and consultants.
- Experience working with high-level counterparts; donors, research think tanks, bankers and financial regulators, and engaging with senior government officials.
- Considerable exposure to applied research and experience implementing social science research methods, including experimental research and data collection methods.
- Experience managing large scale projects with the ability to handle multiple projects at any given point in time.
- Strong analytical skills and a solid understanding of evaluation methods and quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Experience in entrepreneurship, livelihoods, gender space is strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge and experience implementing social science research methods, including experimental research and data collection methods.
- Experience in in-depth systematic review and synthesis of research.
- Independent worker; takes initiative to lead and manage multiple tasks and propose solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Capable of translating research insights into actionable insights.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and willingness to interact with a wide range of individuals ranging from State and Central government officials, donors, research think tanks, banks, etc. bankers and financial regulators.
- Has the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Preferred: has a good track record of academic and non-academic publications.
Deadline: Applications are being accepted and reviewed until the position is filled. Please collate resume, cover letter and writing sample in one PDF and apply in the form here. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.