Location: Delhi (possible), Chennai (possible), Jaipur (possible)
Reports to: Vertical Head
Our package: Competitive and commensurate with experience and skills.
Contract type: Full-time position
Screening checks: successful candidates will be asked to undergo background/reference checks.
Application deadline: applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Apply here: Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the name of the position in the subject line.
ABOUT LEAD AT KREA UNIVERSITY
LEAD at Krea University (formerly IFMR LEAD) is a non-profit research organization conducting high-quality scalable action research and outreach in development economics and finance. We create ‘knowledge for impact’ with a vision to solve complex challenges and enhance socio-economic prosperity. We do this using the power of data, innovation, and co-creation, combining interdisciplinary approaches and multi-stakeholder partnerships.
ABOUT THE POSITION
LEAD at Krea University has been playing an instrumental role in the research sector for many years under different banners, but with the same enthusiasm, rigour, and intellectual curiosity. Thinking about the future, LEAD is positioning itself to expand its role and thought leadership in the sector. For this purpose, we are actively seeking motivated, organized, and self-driven individuals for the position of Senior Data Scient/Data Scientist (3).
- Be accountable for and provide substantial inputs into project design and implementation, in consultation with Vertical Head.
- Maintain a positive, constructive, and co-creative relationship with LEAD’s stakeholders and partners as well as contributing to growing such network.
- Provide leadership and be accountable for the development of new research ideas, and proposals. Provide leadership and monitor recent and relevant sector trends and develop plans on ways to expand LEAD’s research agenda.
- Contribute to capacity building activities within LEAD.
- Strong quantitative skills, including competency with SPSS/STATA /R/Python
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
- Independent worker; takes initiative to lead and manage multiple tasks and propose solutions with minimal supervision
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages, databases and programming.
- Ability to work in multiple teams and on multiple projects simultaneously and collaboratively
- Motivated to travel to work various places in India
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Economics, Development Economics, Computer Science, Development Studies, Statistics or related disciplines.
- A minimum of 3-7 years of work experience (2 with a PhD) in a progressively more responsible position in research, monitoring and evaluation, or implementation in the development sector, preferably in financial inclusion, MSME, Health
- At least 2 years of experience in applied research and experimental methods;
- Proven analytical skills, including, experience working with quantitative data using econometric methods;
- Working experience and knowledge of socio-economic issues, which results in the exclusion of various groups, such as women, migrants, tribal groups, from the financial sector and ability to generate strategies to address those issues;
- Demonstrated ability to develop research and evaluation plans, sampling frameworks and to implement them;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to manage multi-tasking and propose solutions in a timely manner with nominal supervision;
- Capacity to maintain an organized and structured work style in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to lead and manage the team
Strategy and Management
- Ability to guide and support the development and implementation of the Quality benchmarks and assurances in research projects;
- Helps to consolidate and disseminate ‘lessons learned’ and promotes a culture of openness and exchange;
- Keen sense of understanding donor needs, and ability to convert ideas to successful initiatives
Internal and External Network
- Contribute to exchange good practices between other verticals and external agencies/delegations/ donors/ platforms;
- Foster and participate in ideas exchange platforms/ seminars/ webinars related exchanges with the sector stakeholders;
- Follow up on the latest developments related to the vertical and contribute as a thought leader to information dissemination and maintaining relations with stakeholders;
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as a commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing environments and work with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and willingness to interact with a wide range of individuals from Research Associates, Sr. Research Associates to academics, donors, research institutions, etc.