The Research Manager will be responsible for taking the lead in coordinating multiple research projects. The role entails bringing sound project management and analytical expertise to projects and ongoing research, from initial design through to reporting, drawing upon a strong research experience in the domain of women’s economic empowerment – especially women and labour. Part of the role will also involve supporting the development of new research opportunities including identifying and preparing appropriate grant proposals. The RM should have excellent writing and communication skills, good sectoral understanding, a creative and problem-solving outlook and a passion to deliver high quality research. Working closely with academic researchers and associate directors, there will be opportunities for personal development, learning and progression. The role also requires an ability to manage a team of researchers and having input into the development of more junior staff, track and manage deliverables across projects. Depending on the background, interest and skill-set, the manager will work on multiple research and/or policy-oriented projects. This role is ideal for someone who wants to pursue a career in research, policy and/or academia.
The candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategic choices mainly involving working closely with the stakeholders to facilitate WEE projects in selected areas of interest as well as taking forward the necessary messages across stakeholders in using creative writing skills.
- Liaison and effectively manage relationships with research partners, donors and public officials
- Prepare project narrative reports to be shared with the donor and other research partners in the project
- Conduct research and investigation in relation to objectives and project goals to be accomplished in a time bound basis
- Evaluate project achievements and shortcomings at designated points of evaluation goals on a period basis.
- Provide expertise with respect to WEE and gender inclusive policymaking to team members as well as stay abreast of current and emerging developments in financial inclusion research
- Direct and oversee project implementation and assist the project team when required
- Actively represent IWWAGE in front of business, academic, government and non-governmental agencies and media to achieve project objectives, strengthen the organisation’s profile and improve credibility of the implementation process.
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team of researchers, willing to share ideas and take constructive criticism to improve project objectives
Background and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Economics, Public Policy, Development Studies, Women’s Studies and other related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years of management and/or research experience in international development, gender equality or related fields
- Demonstrated ability to maintain an organized and structured work style in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with grant writing and budget management
- Previous experience of managing a team
Key Competencies / Attributes
- Independent worker; takes initiative to lead and manage multiple tasks and propose solutions with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Willing to translate research into practice for highest impacts on the ground
- Ability to visualize and fit the team’s research into the current policy context and plan future studies based on contemporary policy level gaps
- Motivated to travel to work various places in India
- Strong interpersonal skills, and willingness to interact with a wide range of individuals ranging from State and Central government officials, donors, research think tanks, banks, etc. bankers and financial regulators
- Strong writing skills, including competency in churning out quick pieces out of existing research
- Demonstrated track record in academic writing (prior publications preferred but not required)
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to Preeti bawa < email@example.com > . In the email subject, please specify the title of the position. Applications are being accepted until the position is filled.