Employer: LEAD at Krea University
Location: New Delhi, Chennai or Kolkata (preferred)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience and at par with industry standards
About LEAD at Krea University:
LEAD, an action-oriented research centre of IFMR Society (a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act), leverages the power of research, innovation and co-creation to solve complex and pressing challenges in development. LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research centre. LEAD is a collaborative hub that brings experts from diverse disciplines and sectors together to develop innovative solutions by harnessing innovation, technology and analytics.
About the Position:
We are seeking a qualified, motivated, and thorough Research Manager(RM). The RM is expected to lead the development of a steady stream of high-quality research outputs (briefs, articles, infographics, blog posts, etc.) from all project activities. The RM will essentially be planning and supervising research projects, monitoring project progress, supporting team members, implementing new methodologies, and writing reports. The RM is expected to be a diligent researcher and writer with an ability to quickly develop deep knowledge of sector-specific issues and priorities.
A successful candidate is adaptable, quick-to-learn, and comfortable working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines without compromising quality and thoroughness. The RM should also have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) in order to be able to communicate with various types of stakeholders. Finally, the Research Manager will support and expand the team’s research agenda and grow the team’s research portfolio, with the opportunity of leading/pursuing other research activities.
- A Master’s Degree in Economics, Environment Economics/Policy/Science, Finance, Development or related field is mandatory.
- Strong analytical skills and a solid understanding of evaluation methods and quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- 5 years of management and/or research experience in international development or related fields.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain an organized and structured work style in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with grant writing and budget management.
- Previous experience in managing a team on research engagement.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- In-depth knowledge and experience implementing social science research methods, including experimental research and data collection methods.
- Experience in in-depth systematic review and synthesis of research.
- Independent worker; takes initiative to lead and manage multiple tasks and propose solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Capable of translating research insights into actionable insights.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and willingness to interact with a wide range of individuals ranging from State and Central government officials, donors, research think tanks, banks, etc. bankers and financial regulators.
- Has the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Preferred: has a good track record of academic and non-academic publications.
Project and Stakeholder Management:
- Develops and updates the project plan, assigning tasks to complete the same, and ensures compliance with project requirements.
- Keeps track and is accountable for the development of detailed project reports.
- Is accountable for day-to-day project management and completion of project deliverables.
- Reviews budgets and updates project budgets.
- Conducts field visits (as required) to assess progress on the project and gather first-hand insights and feedback on the same.
- Leads the hiring process of project-related positions.
- Oversees subgrantees, reviews their deliverables and ensures compliance with project requirements.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with partner/donor organizations.
- Keeps an open channel for communication with partner/donor organizations and policymakers.
- Presents research/project findings to partner organizations and larger audiences through workshops/conferences.
Evaluation, Research, and Learning:
- Leads the analysis of research results and the development of research outputs.
- Is accountable for planning and implementing the development of a steady flow of learning outputs.
- Leads the development of research summaries, policy briefs, blog posts, presentations and other forms of outreach as required.
- Ensures that data collected through research tools are complete, accurate and comprehensive.
- Oversees data analysis and visualization.
- Develops learning outputs from subgrantees’ research results.
- Liaise, seeks inputs and share insights with the FWSP team.
- Deadline: Applications are being accepted until the position is filled. The position is open effective immediately.
- Please collate your resume, two writing samples (specifically study reports/journal articles/research outputs) and a cover letter in one PDF and apply in the form here. Please indicate in the subject line that you are applying for Research Manager – FWSP.
Note: Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each candidate individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purposes.