Employer: LEAD at Krea University
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
About LEAD at Krea University:
LEAD, an action-oriented research centre of IFMR Society (a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act), leverages the power of research, innovation and co-creation to solve complex and pressing challenges in development. LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research centre. LEAD is a collaborative hub that brings experts from diverse disciplines and sectors together to develop innovative solutions by harnessing innovation, technology and analytics.
About the Role:
The primary role of the Research Associate will be the implementation of research projects and data management of the projects. The RA will work closely with other research team members on designing survey questionnaires, conducting literature reviews, managing survey teams, monitoring data collection activities on the field, conducting data checks and analyzing data, coordinating with the field teams of the partner organizations etc.
- Support and oversee the hiring, training, and management of the field team;
- Conduct field monitoring exercises to ensure data quality and supervise field work where required;
- Conduct data checks to ensure data quality;
- Conduct data cleaning and prepare data for quantitative analysis;
- Assist in qualitative data collection and analysis;
- Design survey questionnaires and interview protocols;
- Conduct pilots for survey questionnaires as well as data collection methodologies;
- Contribute to reports, blogs and other project deliverables;
- Conduct secondary research where required;
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Sociology, Anthropology, Public Policy or other related disciplines. Master’s degree is preferred;
- Basic knowledge of STATA, R, SAS, or related programming languages is required.
Deadline: Applications are being accepted till the position is filled. Please collate your resume, writing sample and cover letter and apply in the form here.
Note: We are an equal-opportunity employer, and all candidates will be considered for employment. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each candidate individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purposes.