Type: Part-time (can be extended)
Duration: Three Months
Employer: LEAD at Krea University
Location: New Delhi
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
About LEAD at Krea University:
LEAD, an action-oriented research centre of IFMR Society (a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act), leverages the power of research, innovation and co-creation to solve complex and pressing challenges in development. LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research centre. LEAD is a collaborative hub that brings experts from diverse disciplines and sectors together to develop innovative solutions by harnessing innovation, technology and analytics.
About the Project:
LEAD’s team at Imperial College London have developed a project called POWBAL, which aims to make the energy sector cleaner by moving power consumption to the time periods when power generation is the least carbon-intensive, leading also to cost savings. The POWBAL research team is conducting an RCT with a large sample of residential customers of an electric company in New Delhi and Mumbai to understand how responsive demand can be in the Indian context. More information on the POWBAL project can be found here: https://powbalenergy.net.
About the Position:
A research team at Imperial College London invites applications from individuals for the position of Research Assistant. The Research Assistant will play an integral role in supporting the research. The individual will coordinate field activities with an electric company in India with whom we have partnered on a randomized control trial (RCT) under the direction of Principal Investigators Dr. Shefali Khanna, Dr. Mirabelle Muûls, Dr. Ralf Martin, and one Research Assistant based at IFMR-LEAD in New Delhi. The candidate will work autonomously, but as a team member under the direction of the PIs.
Our research team brings expertise on the economics of climate change, with a particular focus on understanding the impacts of policies to mitigate climate change on households and business performance, and on the design of electricity markets.
- Coordinate with a team from the electric company to ensure smooth implementation of the RCT
- Develop and execute effective strategies for enrolling participants in the trial and schedule recruitment notifications in a timely manner;
- Maintain records of all electronic communication with participants by monitoring delivery confirmation reports;
- Manage project databases, including participant records, while ensuring data accuracy and integrity
- Monitor workflow inefficiencies and make recommendations to PI on improvements for the data management and collection process.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Economics, Public Policy, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Mathematics, or a related field;
- Exceptional academic record;
- Strong work ethic and troubleshooting skills are essential;
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude and demeanour;
- Excellent attention to detail, discipline, high self-motivation, adaptability, and accountability;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be comfortable working in a remote and digital environment;
- Ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines and high-quality standards.
- Good command of statistical software such as Stata, R and/or Python;
- 1-2 years of experience working on field research projects or RCTs.
Deadline: Applications are being accepted until the position is filled. Please collate your resume and apply in the form here.
Note: Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each candidate individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purposes.