Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Initiative for What Works to Advance Women and Girls in the Economy (IWWAGE) aims to build on existing research and generate new evidence to inform and facilitate the agenda of women’s economic empowerment. IWWAGE is an initiative of LEAD, an action-oriented research center of IFMR Society (a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act). LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research center. IWWAGE is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
IWWAGE aims to shift the evidence base from “How” to “What Works” to improve women’s participation in economic activities by addressing barriers to women’s work, facilitating women’s access to decent work and economic resources, and enhancing women’s agency by leveraging the transformative potential of women’s empowerment collectives.
Accordingly, IWWAGE focuses on three thematic areas:
- Barriers to Work
- Quality of Work
- Women’s Agency
About the Team
The Research Associate will be a part of IWWAGE’s internal Research Cell. The cell focuses on two major tasks:
- Generating Evidence to support IWWAGE’s focus areas
- Providing smooth and seamless support on all quantitative tasks to internal and external researchers
About the Role
The RA will work closely with other research team members on research design, developing grant proposals, coordinating with the field teams, and reporting results and outputs.
- Data Collection and Management
- Assist in design and field test of survey instruments
- Lead the hiring, training, and management of the field team
- Conduct field monitoring exercises to ensure data quality
- Conduct data checks to ensure data quality
- Conduct pilots for survey questionnaires as well as data collection methodologies
- Support in ethnographic data collection via FGDs/Semi-structured interviews occasionally
- Knowledge generation and dissemination
- Conduct data cleaning and prepare data for analysis
- Generate insights from primary data, large-scale sample surveys, and administrative datasets
- Support in visualization and statistical analysis on Principal Investigator(PI) led projects
- Disseminate research findings via blogs and academic papers with other members of the research team
- Stakeholder Management
- Liaison with project partners, civil society organizations
- Support PIs and Senior Researchers in relationship management with public sector partners
Qualifications and Skills
Required (all of the following)
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Public Policy, Political Science, Journalism, Demography, or other disciplines (with relevant experience needed for the role)
- Basic knowledge of data analysis tools like R, Python or STATA
- At least 2-3 years of work experience for Bachelors’ degree holders (Preferably 1 year in case of Masters’ degree/PGD holder’s contingent on relevant skills)
- Mature, self-directed individual with the ability to balance multiple tasks and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to work in a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Hindi is required
- Willingness to travel to field locations is required (post-COVID-19 scenario)
Preferred (any of the following)
- Experience in fieldwork, including but not limited to interviewing or survey management
- Experience with Data Analysis/Data Visualization
- Exposure to econometric modelling
- Exposure to Machine Learning
- Experience with Government or Multi-Stakeholder Engagement
Deadline: Applications are being accepted until the position is filled. The position is open effective immediately.
Please submit: Resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Application: RA at IWWAGE”.