Employer: LEAD at Krea University
Location: Hubli, New Delhi/Chennai/Bangalore, New Delhi/Chennai/Bangalore
No. of positions: 3
Assignment type: Full-time position
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
LEAD at Krea University
LEAD, an action-oriented research centre of IFMR Society (a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act), leverages the power of research, innovation and co-creation to solve complex and pressing challenges in development. LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research centre. LEAD is a collaborative hub that brings experts from diverse disciplines and sectors together to develop innovative solutions by harnessing innovation, technology and analytics.
About the Role
The primary role of the Research Associate will be the implementation of data collection and data management of the projects. The RA will work closely with other research team members on: designing survey questionnaires, conducting literature reviews, managing survey teams, monitoring data collection activities on field, conducting data checks and analyzing data, coordinating with the field teams of the partner organizations etc.
Key Responsibilities of the Position:
- Lead the hiring, training, and management of the field team
- Conduct field monitoring exercises to ensure data quality
- Conduct data checks to ensure data quality
- Conduct data cleaning and prepare data for analysis
- Design survey questionnaires
- Conduct pilots for survey questionnaires as well as data collection methodologies
- Contribute to reports, blogs and other project deliverables
- Conduct secondary research where required
- Develop and maintain a good relation with stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Public Policy or other related disciplines. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of STATA, R, SAS, or related programming languages required.
- Strong interest in public policy and economic development in low-income countries.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Mature, self-directed individual with ability to balance multiple tasks and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to work in a team.
- Problem-solving aptitude and a self-starter.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Hindi is required.
- Willingness to travel extensively to field locations is required (post-COVID-19 scenario).
- Deadline: Applications are being accepted until the position is filled. Position is open effective immediately.
- Please submit: Resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Research Associate-Financial Inclusion”