Number of Positions: Two
Employer: LEAD at Krea University
Location: New Delhi, Chennai or Kolkata (preferred)
Reporting To: Research Manager
Salary: Commensurate With Qualifications and Experience and at par with industry standards
About LEAD at Krea University:
LEAD, an action-oriented research centre of IFMR Society (a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act), leverages the power of research, innovation and co-creation to solve complex and pressing challenges in development. LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research centre. LEAD is a collaborative hub that brings experts from diverse disciplines and sectors together to develop innovative solutions by harnessing innovation, technology and analytics.
About the Position:
The primary role of the Research Associate will be the implementation of data collection and data management of the projects. The RA will work closely with other research team members on designing survey questionnaires, conducting literature reviews, managing survey teams, monitoring data collection activities on the field, conducting data checks and analyzing data, coordinating with the field teams of the partner organizations etc. Candidates with prior experience and a strong interest in qualitative research in order to assist with mixed methods projects will be added advantage.
- Assist in the design and development of mixed methods research projects, including literature reviews, research methodology and implementation
- Work with colleagues at LEAD to generate a data collection strategy to maximize the efficient collection of data and its implementation
- Lead the training, and management of the field team
- Conduct field monitoring exercises to ensure data quality and supervise field work where required
- Conduct data checks to ensure data quality
- Conduct data cleaning and prepare data for quantitative analysis
- Assist in qualitative data collection and analysis
- Design survey questionnaires and interview protocols
- Conduct pilots for survey questionnaires as well as data collection methodologies
- Contribute to reports, blogs and other project deliverables
- Conduct secondary research where required
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Sociology, Anthropology, Public Policy or other related disciplines. A Master’s degree is preferred
- Basic knowledge of MS office and programming languages like STATA, R, SAS, or related statistical programming languages required
- At least one year of research experience in qualitative data analysis is required
- Strong interest in gender, labour markets, public policy and economic development in low-income countries
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to work in a team
- Problem-solving aptitude and a self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Hindi is required.
- Willingness to travel extensively to field locations is required (post-COVID-19 scenario)
- Mature, self-directed individual with the ability to balance multiple tasks and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines in a fast-paced working environment
- Deadline: Applications are being accepted until the position is filled. The position is open effective immediately.
- Please collate your resume, two writing samples: one each related to quantitative and qualitative research (specifically study reports/journal articles/research outputs) and a cover letter in one PDF and apply in the form here. Please indicate in the subject line that you are applying for Research Associate – FWSP.
Note: Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each candidate individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purposes.