Organization: LEAD at Krea University
Start Date (Earliest): July 28, 2022
Start Date (Latest): August 15, 2022
Length of Commitment: 8 months (can be extended)
About the Position:
A research team at Imperial College London invites applications from individuals for the position of Research Assistant for a one-year fixed term position. The Research Assistant will play an integral role in supporting the research. The individual will coordinate field activities with an electric company in India with whom we are partnering on a randomized control trial (RCT) and will monitor energy consumption data from a web platform, under the direction of Principal Investigators Dr. Shefali Khanna, Dr. Mirabelle Muûls, Dr. Ralf Martin, and one Research Assistant based at Imperial College London. The candidate will work autonomously, but as a team member under the direction of the PIs.
About the Team:
Our research team brings expertise on the economics of climate change, with a particular focus on understanding the impacts of policies to mitigate climate change on households and business performance, and on the design of electricity markets in India.
Our team at Imperial College London have developed a project called POWBAL, which aims to make the energy sector cleaner by moving power consumption to the time periods when power generation is the least carbon-intensive, leading also to cost savings. The POWBAL research team will conduct an RCT with a large sample of smart meter-using customers of an electric company in New Delhi and Mumbai to understand how responsive demand can be in the Indian context. More information on the POWBAL project can be found here: https://powbalenergy.net.
- Coordinate with a team from the electric company to ensure smooth implementation of the RCT
- Conduct occasional field visits with company staff to monitor distribution of smart devices to participants
- Monitor workflow inefficiencies and make recommendations to PI on improvements for the data management and collection process
- Regularly monitor electricity consumption data via smart devices through the POWBAL web platform
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Economics, Mathematics, Public Policy, or a related field
- 1-2 years of experience working on field research projects and Randomized Controlled Trials (RCTs)
- Exceptional academic record
- Strong interest in climate and energy policy in emerging markets
- Strong work ethic and troubleshooting skills are essential
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude and demeanor
- Excellent attention to detail, discipline, high self-motivation, adaptability, and accountability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable working in a remote and digital environment
- Ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines and high-quality standards
- Good command of statistical software such as Stata and R
Position Location: The Research Assistant will be based in New Delhi with occasional travel to Mumbai.
• Deadline: Applications are being accepted until August 10, 2022.
• Please collate resume, cover letter and writing sample in one PDF and apply in the form here.
Note: Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each candidate individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purposes.