About LEAD at Krea University:
LEAD is an action-oriented research centre of IFMR Society that leverages the power of research, innovation and co-creation to solve complex and pressing challenges in development. LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research centre. Since 2005, LEAD has been at the forefront of development research and programming in India and has managed a portfolio of over 300 projects in collaboration with over 300 academics, governments, NGOs and private sector organisations from across the globe. (www.ifmrlead.org)
LEAD at Krea University and its gender initiative IWWAGE (Initiative for What Works to Advance Women and Girls in the Economy) have launched a learning series ‘Udyogini’ which seeks to build evidence for catalysing women entrepreneurship in India by sharing data, research and learnings from the ground. Drawing on our joint research and evaluation portfolio, the research summaries in this series will highlight promising approaches and interventions, share experiences and provide recommendations.
Lack of assets and technology. Poor access to capital. Conventional social norms that dictate mobility. The disproportionate burden of unpaid work. These are only some of the barriers that women entrepreneurs must overcome to pursue their aspirations. And the nature and scale of these challenges differ across different socio-economic segments and the stage at which the enterprise is situated. While the topic of ‘women and work’ has gained substantial attention in recent years, a similar focus is required to mainstream women entrepreneurship. LEAD’s Udyogini initiative aims to bridge this gap in knowledge and advocacy. The Udyogini microsite will showcase relevant, timely and actionable insights from LEAD’s work as well as the work of our partners.
Scope of Assignment:
We invite applications from creative/web design/development agencies to design and develop a microsite for the Udyogini initiative. The site will be hosted on LEAD’s existing website server and will be linked to www.ifmrlead.org. The scope of work includes:
- Conceptualisation and Design:
- Brainstorm unique and interactive ways to design data visualizations and infographics based on information available with the team which integrates narrative and storytelling best practices to tell a compelling story about the ‘the state of women entrepreneurship in India’.
- Use interactive infographics, multimedia, and animations to tell a visually compelling story. All raw data and information will be provided by the client.
- Work with our data innovations to fact-check data before it is incorporated into visualisations
- Undertake copyediting to improve the readability of content and on-page SEO
- Based on the concept approved by the client, develop and deliver a responsive microsite
- Ensure website function and stability across devices i.e. desktop, mobile, tablet
- Conduct beta-testing before the soft launch of the microsite
- 2 approaches/concepts for the microsite
- UI/UX design for approved concept
- A fully responsive microsite in a mutually agreed-upon language
- Estimated timeline for delivery: 10 weeks from project commencement (expected launch date for the site is 4th week of February 2023)
- The Technical proposal should include:
- Profile of the firm/organization indicating why you are suitable for undertaking the assignment and demonstrating suitable experience
- Qualifications and experience of the proposed project team
- Portfolio with links/examples of similar assignments
- Financial Proposal:
- The financial proposal shall be submitted indicating a breakup of all proposed activities
To apply, please send your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 25th, 2022.
- EPW Interactives: