Employer: IFMR Society (Initiative is a collaboration between LEAD & IWWAGE)
Location: New Delhi (non-negotiable)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
We are seeking a motivated Project Lead to anchor the Center of Excellence (CoE) focused on Gender and Digital. The overall aim of the CoE is to foster a gender-inclusive culture for innovation, improved access and opportunity for growth through digital technology. This is achieved by the overall following aims: (1) Promote Gender Inclusive Access and Effective Usage of Digital Technology (2) Develop Gender Inclusive Digital Product Design (3) Foster Women in Leadership (4) Enable and Create Awareness of Gender Inclusive Digital Policies (5) Ensure Gender Sensitive Safety Measures (6) Advocate Gender Inclusive Digital Guidelines.
This role combines the passion for creating impact with strong leadership abilities and a collaborative approach to galvanize an ecosystem geared towards transformative impact with regards to gender and digital. This position will closely work with government, think tanks, technology firms, to gather information about and keep track of key policy matters that need to be addressed, modified, and added to the existing policies and regulations to create an enabling environment to achieve the objectives of the initiative.
- Overall responsibility for implementing the CoE’s vision, mission and strategy
- Be the key spokesperson of the initiative with the government, in particular, MeiTY
- Ensure that the overall program of work aligns with policy priorities at state/national levels;
- Provide strong and supportive leadership to the team and its collaborators, as well as foster a culture of excellence, collaboration, trust, integrity and innovation;
- Identify opportunities to collaborate with government, private sector, international networks of donor agencies and other stakeholders and build knowledge at the ecosystem level;
- Work collaboratively with existing internal teams and external partners.
- Minimum 15 years of demonstrated experience in leadership roles in gender equality/digital technology/public policy/development practice;
- Significant experience in establishing strong relationships with external partners such as, Government, Industry, NGOs, Think tanks and multilateral donor organizations;
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral, able to express complex technical issues in plain language;
- Demonstrated ability to lead the team and a strong understanding of the requirements to anchor an initiative;
- Excellent relationship management skills at an executive level;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Deadline: Applications are being accepted until position is filled. To Apply: Please direct any questions and submit your resume and covering letter to [email protected]. Kindly indicate in the subject line that you are applying for ‘Project Lead – Gender and Digital Initiative‘.
Note: Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each candidate individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purposes.