Number of Positions: 2
Employer: LEAD at Krea University
Place of position: National Mission Management Unit, New Delhi
Language: Proficiency in spoken and written English and Hindi is required. Working knowledge of any of the NRETP state language(s) is desirable but not essential.
Reporting to: Project Head – STREE
Duration: 1 year
About LEAD at Krea University:
LEAD, an action-oriented research centre of IFMR Society (a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act), leverages the power of research, innovation and co-creation to solve complex and pressing challenges in development. LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research centre. LEAD is a collaborative hub that brings experts from diverse disciplines and sectors together to develop innovative solutions by harnessing innovation, technology and analytics.
Enabling women’s socio-economic empowerment by developing strong local institutions to enhance livelihoods opportunities in the farm and non-farm sectors is a core pillar of Government of India’s National Rural Livelihoods Mission. The project aspires to support women-led enterprise development by enabling access to finance, building markets and networks, and generating employment opportunities in rural areas. To further support NRLM’s vision of creating a robust enabling entrepreneurial ecosystem for women in rural India under its National Rural Economic Transformation Project (NRETP), a technical assistance program STREE was constituted in December 2019. Spearheaded by LEAD, the program aims to drive women-led enterprise development, with research at the core of its work.
- Support the non-farm livelihoods team at the National Mission Management Unit in the execution of programs.
- Coordinate with State Rural Livelihoods Mission (SRLMs) for the promotion of non-farm enterprises of the SHG members; the support is for individual and group enterprises, clusters and value chain projects.
- Monitor the implementation of the various projects and support states in course correction wherever necessary.
- Draft guidance notes, guidelines and other documents at the National level for supporting programme implementation.
- Conduct regular visits to the states for handholding and monitoring support.
Applicants should possess a Master’s degree (or equivalent PGDP) in Social Work, Rural Development, Public Policy or other affiliated fields from an accredited university/institution.
- 1 to 2 years of work experience of working in implementing non-farm livelihood interventions.
- Strong coordination, multitasking and management skill in handling stakeholders at various levels and verticals.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Experience of working on programs in non-farm livelihoods promotion for rural poor and /or experience in enterprise promotion, business advisory services, forward and backward linkages.
- Track record of working in rural areas and promoting non-farm livelihoods of rural communities.
- Experience of working with various groups like SHGs, Producer companies, Joint Liability groups, etc.
- Deadline: Applications are being accepted until the position is filled. Please collate resume and cover letter in one PDF and apply in the form here.
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and all candidates will be considered for employment. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each candidate individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purposes.