Employer: LEAD at Krea University
Location: New Delhi
Reporting To: Project Manager/Senior Research Associate – STREE
Salary: Commensurate With Qualifications and Experience
About LEAD at Krea University:
LEAD, an action-oriented research centre of IFMR Society (a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act), leverages the power of research, innovation and co-creation to solve complex and pressing challenges in development. LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research centre. LEAD is a collaborative hub that brings experts from diverse disciplines and sectors together to develop innovative solutions by harnessing innovation, technology and analytics.
In 2019, The World Bank and the Government of India signed an agreement for the National Rural Economic Transformation Project (NRETP). The project aspires to support women-led enterprise development by enabling access to finance, building markets and networks, and generating employment opportunities in rural areas. NRETP is currently being implemented across 13 states, 161 districts and 584 blocks and aims to support 80,000 rural enterprises by June 2023.
To further support NRLM’s vision of creating a robust enabling entrepreneurial ecosystem for women in rural India under NRETP, STREE – Solutions for Transformative Rural Enterprises and Empowerment, was constituted in December 2019. It is a technical assistance initiative spearheaded by LEAD at Krea University that aims to drive women-led enterprise development, with research at the core of its work.
The program comprises a Technical Assistance (TA) unit embedded at the National Mission Management Unit, NRLM and the Madhya Pradesh SRLM. They are supported by the Strategic Coordination Unit (SCU) which synergizes LEAD’s research expertise and partnerships with domain experts to deliver quality, implementation-oriented research outputs and low-cost, high-impact scalable pilots for enterprise promotion. The TA and SCU are complementary units under STREE intended to intensify NRETP efforts through system strengthening and adroit programming.
The STREE initiative is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
About the Role:
The Program Associate/Senior Program Associate (PA/SPA) will support the implementation of the STREE intervention. S/he will be placed in the SCU and will report directly to the Project Head – STREE. The PA/SPA will oversee the implementation of pilot projects co-created with the NRLM, monitoring the program progress, undertaking site visits for engagement with counterpart NRLM officials and supporting the program documentation activities. S/he will be responsible for the rollout of the data collection protocol, issuance of supportive letters from the govt departments, and keeping track of project milestones and committed duration. S/he will also support the orientation of the district and state officials on the implementation pilots, and preparation of progress reports for the government counterparts.
The PA will work closely with other team members on research aspects such as designing survey questionnaires, conducting literature reviews, managing survey teams, monitoring data collection activities on the field, conducting data checks and analyzing data and coordinating with the field teams of the partner organizations etc.
- Conduct field monitoring exercises to ensure data quality
- Prepare progress reports and track progress against determined milestones
- Contribute to reports, blogs and other project deliverables
- Conduct secondary research where required
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with stakeholders
- Curate project experience through varied knowledge products
- Master’s degree in any discipline, preferably Social Sciences/ Public Policy/ Development Studies/ Social Work
- Proficiency in using programs under MS Office
- Strong interest in public policy and economic development
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Mature, self-directed individual with the ability to balance multiple tasks and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to work in a team
- Problem-solving aptitude and a self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Hindi is required
- Willingness to travel extensively to field locations is required
- Deadline: Applications are being accepted until the position is filled. The position is open effective immediately.
- Please collate your resume and cover letter in one PDF and apply in the form here. Please indicate in the subject line that you are applying for SPA/PA – STREE. Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Note: Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each candidate individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purposes.