Location: New Delhi
Employer: IWWAGE – an initiative of LEAD at Krea University
Contract type: Full-time
Remuneration: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Initiative for What Works to Advance Women and Girls in the Economy (IWWAGE) aims to build on existing research and generate new evidence to inform and facilitate the agenda of women’s economic empowerment. IWWAGE is an initiative of LEAD, an action-oriented research center of IFMR Society (a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act). LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research center. IWWAGE is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
IWWAGE aims to shift the evidence base from “How” to “What Works” to improve women’s participation in economic activities by addressing barriers to women’s work, facilitating women’s access to decent work and economic resources, and enhancing women’s agency by leveraging the transformative potential of women’s empowerment collectives.
Accordingly, IWWAGE focuses on three thematic areas:
- Barriers to Work
- Quality of Work
- Women’s Agency
- Actively collaborate to execute the strategic policy plan for IWWAGE;
- Overall responsibility for IWWAGE’s policy advocacy strategy;
- Develop key relationships in the women economic empowerment sector with governments, civil society, NGOs, private sector, think tanks, media groups, etc;
- Serve as IWWAGE’s primary point of contact with policymakers and regulators, engaging them in a constructive dialogue and identifying opportunities for IWWAGE to support broader policy objectives related to women’s economic empowerment;
- Lead and manage engagements with a multitude of stakeholders/partners engaged in various projects;
- Lead the process of consolidating research findings for evidence-based policymaking and dissemination of learnings in coordination with other teams at IWWAGE;
- Oversee processes for monitoring trends in the women’s economic empowerment sector in India, and maintain deep knowledge of existing and forthcoming policy and regulations affecting the sector;
- Liaise with the policy and advocacy head in the donor organisation(s) for ongoing updation and support;
- Work with subcontractors and partners in the policy space to continuously identify opportunities for intervention and collaboration with different state departments and central ministries;
- Coordinate with the communications team to manage social media handles and other channels for policy advocacy. Oversee the development of policy briefs and engage in policy dialogues on a frequent basis.
- A Master’s degree in Public Policy, Gender, Economics, Development or a related field;
- Good understanding of the women’s economic empowerment sector and the policy space in India
- At least 10-15 years of relevant work experience in the public policy arena is preferred;
- Proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines with a creative and problem-solving outlook;
- Demonstrated experience in partner and donor management;
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, lead and motivate teams;
- High networking skills and demonstrated ability to interact with a varied set of stakeholders including Government officials and departments ;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, able to express complex technical issues in plain language;
- Organised, critical thinking and attention to detail.
Deadline: Applications are being accepted until the position is filled. Please collate your resume and portfolio link(s) in one PDF and apply in the form here.
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and all candidates will be considered for employment. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each candidate individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purposes.