Employer: LEAD at Krea University
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
About LEAD at Krea University
LEAD, an action-oriented research centre of IFMR Society (a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act), leverages the power of research, innovation and co-creation to solve complex and pressing challenges in development. LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research centre. LEAD is a collaborative hub that brings experts from diverse disciplines and sectors together to develop innovative solutions by harnessing innovation, technology and analytics.
About the Role
The Learning & Communications (L&C) Associate will play a strategic role in translating knowledge from LEAD’s project portfolio into learning outputs and ensuring that the organisation’s work is communicated in a powerful, engaging and consistent manner to our partners and ecosystem stakeholders through different channels. The Associate will be supervised by the Senior Manager, Learning & Communications, and will work in close coordination with senior staff and other team members.
- Work closely with the L&C team to develop and execute the organisational learning agenda and editorial calendar.
- Execute LEAD’s communication strategy, including digital communications strategy for web and social media channels.
- Ensure that the website and social media channels are up-to-date in terms of projects, publications, resources and so on in line with the editorial calendar and pipeline of knowledge outputs.
- Regularly draft, review, and update content on the website, and develop and execute innovative campaign ideas to increase traffic and engagement on all digital channels.
- Source, manage and organise multimedia and communication assets including video, audio, and images.
- Conceptualize and produce unique online content (eg. videos, infographics, photos) that engage different audience segments and build assets such as photos, illustrations, graphics etc.
- Draft content for internal and external correspondence such as marketing collaterals. Work with project teams and other verticals to conceptualize, draft and develop new content or revise existing content such as blogs, thought pieces, articles, briefs and case studies, pitch decks, flyers etc.
- Coordinate with vendors for copyediting and design of collaterals and publications.
- Undertake formatting of collaterals in line with branding guidelines and templates.
- Support the team in coordinating and executing stakeholder events such as conferences, workshops, round tables etc.) including support with logistics, collateral development, and promotions.
- Develop email marketing campaigns, including internal and external newsletters and other campaigns, through third-party email software.
Background, Qualifications, and Skill Sets
- Master’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, literature or related fields
- Exceptional communication skills with a strong flair to write for a variety of audiences
- 1-2 years of prior experience in a communications role
- Fluency with MS Office, Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro is a plus
- Experience in using digital platforms such as Mailchimp, WordPress, Canva, Hootsuite, Linktree
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and dynamic with the ability to work creatively under limited supervision
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and balance competing priorities
- Deadline: Applications are being accepted and reviewed until the position is filled.
- To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample.
- Please direct queries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Learning & Communications Associate” in the subject line.