Employer: Catalyst Atal Incubation Center, IFMR
Contract type: Full-time
Remuneration: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
About the Catalyst Atal Incubation Center by IFMR
The Government of India, through the government think tank NITI Aayog, launched the Atal Innovation Mission in order to encourage the spirit of entrepreneurship within the country. Under the aegis of AIM, NITI Aayog has set out to establish Atal Incubation centers, across India. The AICs would create world-class incubation facilities across various parts of India with suitable physical infrastructure in terms of capital equipment and operating facilities, coupled with the availability of sectoral experts for mentoring the start-ups, business planning support, access to seed capital, industry partners, training and other relevant components required for encouraging innovative start-ups.
As a part of AIM’s larger vision of promoting sector-specific entrepreneurship within the country, IFMR was approved as one of the institutes to set up AIC, in Jaipur. The AIC is an extension of pre-existing entrepreneurship activities undertaken by IFMR, under ‘Catalyst’.
Catalyst AIC, supports and helps scale innovative startups in the inclusive tech domain, which offer products/services focused on uplifting the unserved and underserved communities in India’s last mile. The center runs a 6-month cohort-based incubation program, with a focus on India’s artisan community. We have recently concluded a cohort of startups providing tech-based interventions to the handicrafts sector. (You can find the details of the startups previously incubated here).
To get more details about the program, please visit the Catalyst AIC website: https://catalystaic.org/
About the Position
The Incubation Analyst will assist the leadership team of the Incubator in day-to-day activities and overall coordination at the incubator. The Analyst will be based in Jaipur and will closely work with the Manager and leadership team of the incubator. She/he will report directly to the Incubation Manager of the incubation center.
Roles and Responsibilities
▪ Assist in startup requirement gathering; understanding the requirements, pain points, and solution needs of incubated startups and associated partners with assigned programs/projects and activities
▪ Work with startups to help them in conceptualizing and designing their product decks, pitching presentations, product demos, etc. Closely coordinate with relevant team members for the same
▪ Connect startups with relevant mentors, partners, and investors from the pool that Catalyst AIC has. Additionally, scout for other possible mentors, partners, and investors if any. Work closely with the incubation manager to periodically organize relevant startup events. Ensure fulfilment of all compliance-related requirements for incubated startups
▪ Write reports, blogs on the project they are working on Provide up to date summaries of projects they are working on for website and other promotional activity
▪ Identify and understand research questions Designing surveys questionnaires Conducting Qualitative and Quantitative Research Assisting RM in study design and survey instruments
▪ Study key sectors and generate insights, use-cases, and industry analyses for internal and external usage
▪ Interact and maintain relationships with portfolio companies, mentors, and partners
▪ Active participation in events, seminars, and workshops for building and sharing sectoral knowledge. Ensuring coordination with relevant team members within the organization for event participation
Skills and Qualifications
▪ A highly motivated individual looking to work for benefitting the semi-urban/rural livelihoods
▪ Experience of working in startups or with an incubator/accelerator
▪ Prior experience as a startup founder or with a relevant VC/Angel investment firm is a bonus
▪ Overall understanding of the digital technology landscape and products
▪ Strong execution skillset – including a focus on data-driven decision making, comfort with ambiguity, and ability to drive rapid “learn & implement” iterations, strong bias for action, and outcomes-based orientation
▪ Good overall leadership and networking skills
▪ Flexibility to work with asymmetric demands and last-minute changes to programs
▪ Fluent in written and spoken English, with the ability to speak in front of an audience as and when deemed necessary
▪ Excellent skills in the entire Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.)
▪ Educational Qualifications: Graduation (background in IT/Computer Science/Finance/Commerce is preferred)