Employer: LEAD at Krea University
Contract type: Full-time
Remuneration: Competitive and commensurate with skills and experience
About LEAD at Krea University:
LEAD, an action-oriented research centre of IFMR Society (a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act), leverages the power of research, innovation and co-creation to solve complex and pressing challenges in development. LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research centre.
About the Position:
The HR and Admin Executive will design, manage and implement human resources practices and processes for roles across LEAD at Krea University. The candidate will be based in Chennai and will closely work with the leadership team to spearhead multiple activities such as identifying, acquiring, assessing and crafting a robust candidate pipeline, managing employee relations, administration & operations, performance & talent management reflecting the organisation’s core values, hiring priorities and ethics.
- Talent mapping, recruiting and budgeting.
- Hands-on experience in en-masse hiring for ground-level through different sourcing strategies.
- Screening CVs, setting up interviews and corresponding with prospective employees for ground level, middle level & senior-level positions, in a timely manner.
Induction & Orientation
- Managing joining formalities along with induction on HR policies & procedures.
- Designing and implementing induction schedule.
Payroll & General Administration
- Coordinate leave & attendance management.
- Providing salary input to the finance team for payroll processing.
- Responsible for managing endorsement of joiners & leavers in insurance policies.
- Managing hospitalization claim settlement through third party administrators.
Training & Development
- Train all employees on HRMS/LMS Database and Operations.
HRMS Database Management
- Maintaining internal records, which may include preparing, issuing and updating employee records in the HRMS Database on an ongoing basis.
- To ensure proper e-filing of documents during the life cycle of employees in the organization.
Performance Management Process
- Evaluating the performance of employees in all verticals for the previous year.
- Developing KPI for the current year in all verticals.
- Designed various employee engagement plans, rewards and recognition schemes.
- Conducting open houses & one-one sessions for employees in their respective departments.
Audit & MIS Reports
- Circulating daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Developing internal letters and memos.
- Managing the employee Exit Interview process.
- Responsible for full & final settlement and issuance of relieving & experience certificate.
- Responsible for processing PF and Gratuity to ex-employees.
- Acting as the first point of contact for all personnel queries and resolving the same on a regular basis.
- Understand the employees’ grievances through face-to-face interaction in various departments.
- Broadcasting information about birthdays, service completion and other similar employee-related milestones.
- Oversee all administrative tasks in compliance with LEAD’s established policies and procedures, while securing efficiency and efficacy.
- Supervise day-to-day work of support staff and ensure the upkeep of office premises.
- Processing internal arrangements such as travel, logistics and appointments for the employees.
- Manage phone calls and correspondence across teams (e-mail, letters and packages).
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures.
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data.
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary.
- Submit timely reports related to attendance, procurement and other admin related tasks.
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related disciplines.
- 5+ years experience in a human resources supervisory position.
- Oversee the organization’s recruitment, interview, selection, and hiring practices and procedures. Plan and coordinate the organization’s workforce to best use the talents of employees.
- Demonstrated ability to improve employee morale and interact with a diverse workforce with multi-lingual employees from various backgrounds.
- Comprehensive understanding of local, state and federal employment laws and employee benefit programs.
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal communication, critical thinking and relationship building skills.
- Must be approachable and helpful with the ability to manage tight schedules.
- Be comfortable supervising a team of subordinates working in direct or aligned capacities.
- Sound knowledge of HR-related legislation to advise managers and team leaders on diverse people-related incidents in the workplace, such as equal opportunity, bias, discrimination and harassment.
- Hands-on experience resolving workplace conflicts, mediating disputes and directing disciplinary procedures in accordance with organisational policies and legal requirements.
Deadline: Applications are being accepted and reviewed until the position is filled. To apply, carefully fill in all details in the form here and attach your resume.