Type: Full-time Consultant
Employer: IWWAGE – an initiative of LEAD at Krea University
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Deadline: Applications will be received until the position is filled
Location: New Delhi
Initiative for What Works to Advance Women and Girls in the Economy (IWWAGE) aims to build on existing research and generate new evidence to inform and facilitate the agenda of women’s economic empowerment. IWWAGE is an initiative of LEAD, an action-oriented research center of IFMR Society (a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act). LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research center. IWWAGE is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
IWWAGE aims to shift the evidence base from “How” to “What Works” to improve women’s participation in economic activities by addressing barriers to women’s work, facilitating women’s access to decent work and economic resources, and enhancing women’s agency by leveraging the transformative potential of women’s empowerment collectives.
Accordingly, IWWAGE focuses on three thematic areas:
- Barriers to Work
- Quality of Work
- Women’s Agency
- As the graphic designer, you will be an integral part of upholding our brand and supporting the organisation’s mission through modes of communication.
- Design various knowledge products for LEAD/IWWAGE – social media posts, short notes, briefs, videos, illustrations, newsletters, etc.
- Create new knowledge outputs for LEAD/IWWAGE using existing content.
- Take lead in preparing presentations for range of stakeholders to reflect upon LEAD/IWWAGE learnings and evidence generated;
- Regularly update banner/design related content for IWWAGE/LEAD website;
- Support documentation of internal learning, events, workshops and trainings related to the program
- Your graphics should capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the right message
- Strong designing and illustration skills; especially for presentations – knowledge of MS PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Canva etc.
- Demonstrates excellent judgement, particularly with regard to being able to prioritise according to importance and urgency;
- Enjoys multi-tasking and managing several projects at one time;
- Ability to work as a positive and valued member of team;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view;
- Displays highest levels of discretion and confidentiality;
- Advanced university degree/professional degree in graphic design (Fine Arts (BFA), Graphic Design, Multimedia Design, Communication Design, Creative Communication, or a related field)
- At least 5-7 years of professional experience, a proven professional record in working in the development sector will be an advantage
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English is mandatory and fluency (verbal and written) in Hindi is desirable.
Deadline: Applications are being accepted until the position is filled. Please collate your resume and portfolio link(s) in one PDF and apply in the form here.
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and all candidates will be considered for employment. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each candidate individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purposes.