Employer: LEAD at Krea University
Salary: Competitive and Commensurate with qualifications and experience
About LEAD at Krea University:
LEAD is an action-oriented research centre of IFMR Society (a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act), that leverages the power of research, innovation, and co-creation to solve complex and pressing challenges in development. LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research centre. LEAD is a collaborative hub that brings experts from diverse disciplines and sectors together to develop innovative solutions by harnessing innovation, technology and analytics.
- Ensure Contracts are drafted afresh or reviewed to meet IFMR requirements. List of Activities:
- Fresh Contracts reviewed/drafted/negotiated and finalized.
- Amendments for NCEs, deliverable and payment modifications, and Cost Extensions.
- Coordinate with teams on the projections for the Contractual disbursement Schedule; payment terms or modifications.
- Desk Research on Service tax laws, Negative list, Reverse charge mechanism, Double Taxation avoidance agreements, tax rates etc.
- Ensure the summarized information on the various grants and projects and codes are up to date for easy retrieval and monitoring.
- Update the Project, code, donor, Performance period, and Live status on the tracker.
- Update the Grant Milestones/deliverables onto the tracker for easy retrieval and tracking against deadlines and associated payments.
- Ensure the documentation on the Projects, with start and end dates. with codes, sources of funds, grants, exchange rate information and budgets are created, updated and available for the finance team, and auditors.
- Create project initiation (PI) forms for new projects/update PI forms for existing projects
- Create Salesforce pages for projects.
- A user-friendly platform for Salesforce to automate deliverable notice generation to teams for better tracking of deliverables and record maintenance.
- Coordination support to create required user-friendly pages for teams to feed in deliverables.
- Coordination support to create Salesforce features for grant deliverable records.
- Create report templates – For Grants and Applications.
- Render administrative support to teams:
- Grant Applications – Grant Budget Review and discussions with the on assumptions, the applicability of taxes based on award type.
- Grant Applications – Other Administrative requirements in the proposal.
- Award Budget Clarification/Contract-cum-compliance clarifications to teams.
- Field Visits/Telephonic discussions with Teams on Budgets- financial reports-exchange rates/ Compliances/ Project issues, and clarification to donors/Principal investigators.
- Registrations on donor grant management systems.
- Manage Grant Management Records, Audit Documentation and Project Management records.
- Proposal and Budgets: narratives and modifications.
- Subgrants and Subcontracts:
- Prior Approvals and dispute resolutions
- Completion Certificate
- Interface with Finance:
- Alerts on & prepare financial reports due for submission with the team and clarifications on the method of accounting exchange rate.
- Alerts on and raising invoices to donors in co-ordination with team as per the donor contract
- Any administrative support required from Finance Statutory Forms, Tax return copies, FCRA returns, Annual turnover etc.
- Bachelor’s degree (or 3-7 years of work experience with non-profit organizations);
- 3+ years of experience in fundraising, grant writing or grants management;
- Demonstrated analytical and persuasive writing skills experience as well as superior editing skills, including the ability to convey complex information in a transparent manner to a diverse audience;
- Strong administrative skills and self-motivated with the ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks under minimal supervision in an effective and efficient manner;
- Intermediate to expert skills in Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Experience with donor development/CRM software systems a plus;
- Familiarity and experience working with national, governmental and international funders;
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to deadlines without sacrificing quality.
Deadline: Applications are being accepted until the position is filled. Please apply in the form here with your resume.
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and all candidates will be considered for employment. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each candidate individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purposes.