Initiative for What Works to Advance Women and Girls in the Economy (IWWAGE) aims to build on existing research and generate new evidence to inform and facilitate the agenda of women’s economic empowerment. IWWAGE is an initiative of LEAD, an action-oriented research center of IFMR Society (a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act). LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research center. IWWAGE is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
About the Position:
The National Rural Livelihoods Mission given its focus on building women’s groups, and developing cluster-based livelihoods options. Organized collectives of women build women’s solidarity, agency, and empowerment. NRLM’s own ambition is for women federations to serve as institutional bases for multi-sectoral outcomes for poor women – social, economic, and financial. This offers the opportunity to assess and scale institutional mechanisms and forms for gender equality and women’s empowerment at the grassroots. Accordingly, the objective of this program of work is to strengthen NRLM’s and select SRLMs’ focus on gender strategically and ensure tested approaches to gender integration and transformation with federations are institutionalized, and scaled up through strategic state level partnerships.
IWWAGE proposes that it continues to be the national technical assistance and learning partner to DAY-NRLM, to be able to create a Centre of Excellence on curating designs, approaches and evidence, and channelling expertise through embedded gender experts in the national program. This position is to support all activities associated with the NRLM/NMMU mandate of Institutional Building and Capacity Building, Social Inclusion and Social Development.
The DAY-NRLM Technical Expert: Gender Integration will support the NRLM /NMMU Team to institutionalise mechanisms to ensure learning and scale-up of gender integrative and transformative models and collaborate with SRLMs to improve the quality of the program. The work of the candidate will include, but not be limited to, the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Build Partnership with NRLM to ensure learning and scale up of gender integrative and transformative models;
- Support SRLMs in developing state-specific operational strategies, annual action plans, expected outcomes and relevant advisories for integrative/mainstreaming gender in NRLM;
- Support NRLM and SRLMs in developing a resource pool at national, state, district and block levels who support and drive the gender mainstreaming efforts;
- Lead capacity-building efforts with frequent travel to SMMUs, DMMUs and BMMUs and federation-level staff for improved functionality and efficiency;
- Provide technical support for the development of integrated gender modules, IEC material and documentation efforts;
- Support SRLMs and NRLM in revising all their advisories and materials to be more gender-sensitive;
- Support in the development and implementation of a gender road map, which is supplemented with standard operating procedures and modules;
- Collaborate with National and State Rural Livelihood Missions, National Resource Persons to set up monitoring and learning frameworks on gender integrations;
- Work closely with the Ministry of Rural Development and NIRD across a spectrum of areas related to the women’s self-help groups and federation platform;
- Travel up to 40-50% of the time;
- Any other work as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree preferably in Women’s Studies, Management Graduate and any related field;
- Five years of work experience that ensured learning and scale-up of gender integrative and transformative models;
- High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet applications;
- Demonstrated excellent analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated experience in managing programs on gender, and working with SHGs and their federations.
Skills and Attributes:
• Possess a deep understanding of the functioning of the DAY-NRLM and its implementation in states and districts;
• Good knowledge of Word, Powerpoint and Excel;
• Demonstrate ability to coordinate several gender integration activities simultaneously and able to undertake tasks to ensure quality and delivery in a timely manner;
• Attentive to details and able to produce documents and coordinate activities;
• Comfortable with working in a multicultural team;
• Excellent organizational and logistics management skills;
• Patience and thoughtfulness in high-pressure, stressful situations;
• Good reading, writing and speaking skills in English, Hindi and other local languages;
• Willingness to travel and flexibility to work on a wide range of tasks;
• Self-driven and excellent people skills.
Deadline: Applications are being accepted until the position is filled. Please collate your resume and cover letter in one PDF and apply in the form here.
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and all candidates will be considered for employment. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each candidate individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purposes.
|Job Category||Technical Expert|