Type of Employment: Full Time
Employer: LEAD at Krea University
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
LEAD at Krea University
LEAD, an action-oriented research centre of IFMR Society (a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act), leverages the power of research, innovation and co-creation to solve complex and pressing challenges in development. LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research centre. LEAD is a collaborative hub that brings experts from diverse disciplines and sectors together to develop innovative solutions by harnessing innovation, technology and analytics.
About the Role
This CSR Outreach Manager will be required to network and liaise with CSR foundations and other donors/funders on an ongoing basis and identify fundraising opportunities for the organisation and manage end-to-end proposal development and review process. The candidate will be required to work in close coordination with research verticals at LEAD right from the identification of funding opportunities until the final submission of the proposals and provide all support in terms of preparing presentations, document preparation, liaising with different departments for information gathering, coordinating timelines and so on. S/he will also be required to assist in creating written proposals and other materials that are required as per the donor requirements. The candidate must be able to write in a detailed, factual and convincing manner. The candidate must anchor the process of tracking and documenting the proposal submissions and updating the internal systems on a frequent basis as per established protocols.
S/he will work out of Mumbai and will report to the Director, Partnerships & Outreach. Travel may be required to network with relevant funders and to meet with involved parties. This is a networking role that requires the ability to work under pressure and adhere to demanding deadlines.
- Build networks and relationships with key CSR foundations and other donors across India and internationally;
- Identify funding opportunities on an ongoing basis;
- Develop databases of potential funding organisations across different types such as corporate, bilateral, multilateral, academic, government and so on;
- Identifying opportunities for core funding and preparing relevant materials to ‘sell’ the organisation and its activities;
- Ensure uncompromised quality of proposals/concept notes/expressions of interest submitted by LEAD;
- Understand LEAD’s strengths & areas of improvement in expertise and experience to filter funding opportunities pursued;
- Assist in maintaining a ready folder of project summaries, profile summaries, detailed projects and CVs, and a list of key experts;
- Researching, writing and organising ideas and preparing succinct presentations;
- Assist the relevant vertical heads in developing a proposal structure;
- Identify and re-work existing pre-written content where relevant;
- Deliver completed written proposal responses to the project head against agreed RFP deadlines, escalating issues as required;
- Re-write/edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders,; typically involving contributions from technical, finance, legal and operational teams;
- Prepare other materials such as PowerPoint presentations, concept notes, brochures and so on as required per the particular stakeholder;
- Proactively develop and manage a network of subject matter experts and partners;
- Participate in organisational development activities and work with the learning & communications team to organise events and team-building activities;
- Communicate and influence at a senior level;
- Develop quarterly targets and work plan and show deliverables against such targets.
- 7+ years of demonstrated fundraising and CSR experience;
- Master’s degree in business administration, communications or related field required;
- Excellent networking skills and the ability to write persuasively and articulately are essential;
- Excellent communicator – able to express complex technical issues in plain language without losing the important points;
- Detail-oriented candidates with excellent interpersonal, computer and organisational skills preferred;
- Previous experience in CSR fundraising and proposal writing preferred;
- Previous experience in winning huge grants from reputed national/international organisations and raising funds from different types of organisations is preferred;
- Strong time management/prioritization skills
- Energetic and collaborative team player;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent organisational skill and ability to efficiently track timelines;
- Ability to persuade teams to work collaboratively and adhere to guidelines.
Deadline: Applications are being accepted till August 15, 2023. Please collate your resume and a cover letter (maximum three pages) and apply in the form here.
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer, and all candidates will be considered for employment. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each candidate individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purposes.