Employer: LEAD at Krea University
Reporting To: Prof. Farzana Afridi (Head, Digital Labour Markets and WEE from Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi)
Salary: Competitive and Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Deadline: Applications will be received until the position is filled
About LEAD at Krea University:
LEAD is an action-oriented research centre of IFMR Society (a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act), that leverages the power of research, innovation, and co-creation to solve complex and pressing challenges in development. LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research centre. LEAD is a collaborative hub that brings experts from diverse disciplines and sectors together to develop innovative solutions by harnessing innovation, technology and analytics.
About the Position:
This role is needed in the implementation of a Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation-funded project on digital labour markets and women’s economic empowerment hosted by IFMR. The position is at the ISI (Delhi). The Communications Manager will be responsible for taking a lead role in communicating the implementation and findings of research conducted under this project to the donor, government and other media outlets. The candidate will have excellent writing skills with sound understanding of economics and related contexts.
- Effectively communicate to different stakeholders – written and verbal – i.e. to co-PIs, Survey Teams, Research Manager, Project partners and Donor.
- Timely response to inputs for project reports and other outputs.
- Manage communication of project updates via various media.
- Ensure timely submission of donor/grant reports – liaise with internal teams to gather appropriate information for submission.
- Attend partner meetings.
Writing and Dissemination
- Contribute to blogs and events related to the project.
- Provide up-to-date summaries of the project they are working on for the website and other promotional activity (conference, e-newsletter, etc).
- Maintain and update project website/blog/Twitter accounts.
Visitors and Workshops
- Organise research workshops.
- Liaise with academic visitors.
Background and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Development or Management.
- 2 to 3 years of communication or management experience in development or related fields.
Key Competencies and Attributes
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Independent worker; takes initiative to lead and manage multiple tasks and propose solutions with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and advanced writing and presentation skills for communicating with multiple partners. This requires clear, precise, non-technical writing, and creativity in presentation.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Understanding of academic research.
- Experience of working with donors, governments, and survey organisations.
Deadline: Applications are being accepted until the position is filled. The role will be contractual for a period of one year, renewable for an additional year, and the salary will be competitive. Please send a CV clearly mentioning evidence of experience and expertise in the said tasks and apply in the form here.
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and all candidates will be considered for employment.However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each candidate individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purposes.