Employer: IWWAGE – an initiative of LEAD at Krea University
Contract type: Part-time
Remuneration: Competitive and commensurate with skills and experience
Deadline: Applications are being accepted till October 25, 2021.
Initiative for What Works to Advance Women and Girls in the Economy (IWWAGE) aims to build on existing research and generate new evidence to inform and facilitate the agenda of women’s economic empowerment. IWWAGE is an initiative of LEAD, an action-oriented research centre of IFMR Society (a not for profit society registered under the Societies Act). LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research centre. IWWAGE is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. For more information, visit www.iwwage.org.
About the Position
The Communications Consultant is expected to provide support to IWWAGE communication and outreach plan. The chosen candidate will bring fresh ideas to the table when it comes to engaging our audiences through a variety of channels, and will support the development of video and multimedia products, in consultation with advocacy/communications focal point. The ideal candidate should be a media and digital enthusiast, with exceptional writing and video making skills in various formats, background in impact communications, and demonstrated curiosity and/or experience in gender-related issues. View our multimedia section and Twitter handle to get an idea about the type of content and multimedia outputs developed at IWWAGE.
- Support in the development and design of short videos based on stock/sourced footage or shoot (if required), inserting sound effects, music and transitions
- End-to-end development of info graphs including but not limited to pie charts, line charts, maps, figure animations, etc.
- Take the lead on social media communication which includes developing and expanding tools and resources to engage audiences. Identifying industry trends and insights, pitch story ideas to further engage social media channels through static posts, GiFs, etc.
- Responsible for end-to-end planning and delivery of videos, like Gender Watch, GIFs, editing of zoom live-streamed panels, webinars and videos for social media
- Manage editorial and event calendars
- Source images according to themes
- Be conscious of brand standards and guidelines
Background and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in communications, journalism, film making or related field with at least 3-4 years of relevant experience.
- Extensive experience of more than 2-3 years in producing 3 to 4-minute short format films.
- Ability to produce high-quality videos with tight deadlines.
- Extensive experience in producing development work related documentaries for international organizations with the aim of reaching both local and international audiences.
- Excellent technical capacities (state of art filming equipment preferably High Definition) to ensure smooth and high-quality production.
- Experience in development communication will be an added advantage.
Key Competencies / Attributes
- Experience in the social impact, non-profit or international development sector, including basic understanding of research data and gender.
- Self-starter, good time management, creative, with the ability to work well independently, and within a team.
- Be willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends if the job demands.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Availability to start working in November 2021 for a year-long engagement (part-time).
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, along with work samples (links) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Application for Communications Consultant” in the subject line.