IFMR LEAD is currently looking for a Short-term Lecturer in Machine Learning and Big Data Analytics to conduct an 8-week intensive training program for a select group of researchers at IFMR LEAD.
IFMR LEAD is an independent, non-profit research organization that conducts evidence-based research on socio-economic issues in India using statistically rigorous methods and tools. IFMR LEAD actively disseminates its research findings for better policy outreach. For more information: www.ifmrlead.org
The Lecturer will initially coordinate with a Professor in Data Science and IFMR LEAD Senior Researchers to devise an 8-week training programming aiming at training entry-level researchers with a basic understanding of Machine Learning and Big Data Analytics. The aim is to devise a practical and applied training than can then enable researchers to apply these methods in the area of social science, health and economic research.
• Design an intensive training program in Machine Learning and Big Data Analytics that would have 2 days of lectures a week for 8 weeks (topics and be discussed with IFMR LEAD) –the focus should be on application of the techniques. (Must include, python, hadoop, classification algorithms, decision trees, random forests, image & video, linear & logistic regressions, networks & network analytics, etc..)
• Teach participants to setup an AWS/Azure Account and give hands on training on choice of store and compute
• Give program assignments so researchers can actively apply and learn the topics
• Be available to answer questions and follow-up on assignments
Qualification and Experience:
• Ideally a PhD student of Post-doc in computer and data science with a strong interest in applied research, in particular in the area of social science health and economics;
• Excellent teaching skills;
• Very strong programming and system related skills;
• Deadline: Applications are being accepted until April 25th, 2017.
• Please submit: Resume
• Questions and application submission: Please contact email address: Recruitmentfirstname.lastname@example.org