SuSanA is an open international alliance with members who are dedicated to understanding viable and sustainable sanitation solutions. It links on the ground experiences with an engaged community made up of practitioners, policy makers, researchers, and academics from different levels with the aim of promoting innovation and best practices in policy, programming and implementation.
The overall goal of the SuSanA is to contribute to the achievement of current and future international development goals (MDGs, post-2015 process, SDGs) by promoting a systems approach to sanitation provision taking in consideration all aspects of sustainability.
The ClimateWorks Foundation supports public policies that prevent dangerous climate change and promote global prosperity. ClimateWorks partners with an international network of affiliated organizations—the ClimateWorks Network—to support smart policies in the geographic regions and economic sectors that have the greatest potential for reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
The Network’s goal is to inspire adoption of effective policies to limit annual global greenhouse gas emissions to 44 billion metric tons by the year 2020 (a reduction of 17 billion metric tons, or about 25 percent below business-as-usual projections), and 35 billion metric tons by the year 2030 (50 percent below projections).
Forum for the Future
At Forum for the Future, we are passionate about creating a brighter, more sustainable future for everyone. We are an independent non-profit who work globally with business and government to inspire new thinking, build creative partnerships and develop practical solutions. We share what we’e learned so that others can benefit and act. Working with pioneering partners, we transform the essential systems of food and energy to secure a more fulfilling life for us and future generations.
(Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom)
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom is the foundation for liberal politics in the Federal Republic of Germany. It aims to promote the goal of making the principle of freedom valid for the dignity of all people and in all areas of society, both in Germany and abroad. With the safeguarding and the development of its statutory projects (civic education and dialogue, sponsorship of the talented, research and political consultation, archive-work), the Friedrich Naumann Foundation wants to contribute to shaping the future.
New Venture Fund (NVF)
The New Venture Fund (NVF) conducts public interest projects and provides professional insight and services to institutions and individuals seeking to foster change through strategic philanthropy. We help donors and social entrepreneurs launch new projects quickly and effectively, collaborate with each other efficiently, and develop high-impact grant-making programs.
NVF is a 501(c)(3) public charity offering domestic and international grant-making services, executing donor-developed projects, and providing full fiscal sponsorship including grant and contract management for innovative public-interest projects.
The Asia Foundation
The Asia Foundation improves lives, expands opportunities, and helps societies flourish across a dynamic and developing Asia. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance path breaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, our programs address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation. In addition, our Books for Asia and professional exchange programs are among the ways we encourage Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
The State Planning Commission
The State Planning Commission (SPC) was constituted in Tamil Nadu on 25th May 1971 under the Chairmanship of the Hon’ble Chief Minister as an Advisory Body to make recommendations to the Government on various matters pertaining to the development of the State. The Principal Secretary to Government, Planning, Development and Special Initiatives and the Principal Secretary to Government, Finance Department are ex-officio Members. The Member Secretary is responsible for administration in the Commission.
The major functions of the State Planning Commission are as follows:
- Preparing Five Year and Annual Plans based on the policies and priorities of the Government;
- Undertaking Mid Term review of the Five Year Plan and advising the Government on appropriate modification and restructuring of the schemes;
- Evaluating major plan schemes through Department of Evaluation and Applied Research;
- Monitoring development indicators that influence the Human Development Index, Gender Development Index, etc., at a disaggregated level;
- Undertaking special studies as required for formulation and implementation of plan projects and programmes;
- Monitoring the Tamil Nadu economy and sending reports to Government as and when necessary
- Implementing and monitoring State Balanced Growth Fund (SBGF) to address the regional disparities.
- Coordinating the functions of District Planning Cells and initiating planning process at District/Block/Village level.
The World Wide Fund for Nature
WWF-India’s goal is the protection of India’s ecological security through the following broad programme objectives
- Ensuring conservation of the country’s biodiversity,major ecosystems and critical landscapes.
- Minimizing wasteful consumption and promotionof sustainable and wise use of natural resources by all sectors of society
- Promoting the active involvement of rural and traditional communities in the sustainable management and conservation of natural resources.
- Working towards reduction in the sources and impacts of climate change.
- Minimizing pollution,reducing the use of toxic chemicals and ensuring improved management of toxic waste
- Enhancing active participation of all sections of society in nature conservation and environmental protection through environmental education,awareness raising and capacity building
- Ensuring that environmental principles are integrated into development planning,policy and practices
- Promoting environmental governance through legislation,policy and advocacy
World Wide Web Foundation
Established by Web inventor Sir Tim Berners-Lee, the World Wide Web Foundation is a non-profit organization devoted to achieving a world in which all people can use the Web to communicate, collaborate and innovate freely, building bridges across the divides that threaten our shared future.
We promote the right to an affordable, universal and uncensored Web through research, advocacy and campaigning as well as technical innovation. We work with civil society and political leaders to use the Web to enhance participation and accountability, building more open societies for the 21st century. We do so by training civic organisations, journalists, entrepreneurs and activists to make use of open government data, and by empowering people to improve transparency by crowd-sourcing and publishing their own data and stories. We also work with people trapped in poverty, especially rural women, to exploit technology in order to move up the value chain.